Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa please....

I've asked for one thing this year I have never asked for- Santa please bring good health to my family! This weekend was the long awaited weekend of Christmas parties. Every year I look forward to the traditional Barden/Stephenson Christmas and my annual friend Christmas party. This year on the same weekend we were to add Brandons dads side of the family Christmas party. Friday that Christmas was cancelled when Brandons cousin got the stomach bug. Saturday morning we got to take part of my mom's annual Christmas brunch full of many yummy breakfast food. Saturday night was the Barden/Stephenson Christmas, in the middle of the children open gifts I got sick. We had to leave and it lead to of course no Sunday Christmas party with the friends. Little did I know my sickness was fixing to start a chain event. Aiden, Brandon, my nephews (3 out of 4 of them), niece (1 out of 2), sister in laws (3 out of 4), brother, mom, mother in law, cousins, uncle all got the stomach bug that I so kindly brought to the party....SO SORRY!!!
This morning as we prepare to get ready for our traditional Christmas Eve breakfast at Old Country Store I found out after 26 years (I don't know if I have gone that long but close to it) I had to go enjoy pancakes, biscuits, bologna triangles, sausage patties, greasy bacon, and much more without my big brother- stomach bug got him. Sad definitely!!! It just was not the same without my big brother!!
This year for Christmas all we want is good health to my whole family!!!!!! Please Santa bring that to us this year!

1 comment:

Momma P said...

I just said a little prayer for you all! Adyson had the stomach bug for 6 out of 7 days last week and still has a runny nose and a little cough. It's so tough being sick around the holidays. I hope Santa delivers just what we all need...good health!

Merry Christmas!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers