Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Family Vacation

Last weekend just Brandon, Aiden, and I took a family vacation. This was the first time we have ever gone anywhere without grandparents or other family with us. This will also be our last time just the 3 of us. Next vacation we will be a family of 4.

We let Aiden pick where to go since the vacation was "all about him". He picked the mountains so we headed to Pigeon Forge, TN. We pretty much let him pick the agenda for the week and he did a great job picking I must say. Of course he and daddy had to ride go-carts. I didn't get any putt putt pictures but we did putt putt everyday while there.
We went to a little gift shop that Aiden had some pics made at last year and we were surprised to see Aiden made the front display. He is the one in the Wanted pic.


He ate some fabulous cheeseburgers at Five Guys.


Much to our surprise, even our PICKY non eater ate his whole cheeseburger.


Traditional picture outside of the Apple Barn.

We also visited Wonderworks museum. This was my husbands choice- a bad one in my opinion. By the time we left he knew it was a bad decision too. We paid $50 and I couldn't do anything there and Aiden wasn't tall enough to do much of it either. He cried the entire time that Brandon climbed this wall because he wanted to do.

He did get to pretend to be an astronaut. But went right back to crying when he saw Brandon doing the ropes course above us. I don't have a picture because I was trying to entertain Aiden so he wouldn't make a scene.

We did get to lay on the Bed of Nails. Surprisingly he was very still and able to do it. I just had visions of him sitting up and the nails poking his tail. :)

Overall we enjoy Wonderworks but HIGHLY do not recommend it for younger kids.

The place we stayed was right on the river and the ducks came up to our room one day. We happened to have some bread and Aiden fed them, he loved it. Why did we have bread you may ask? Well just so happened the night before we left I got SICK SICK SICK. I thought I had food poisioning. Luckily my hubby took care of me, got me off the bathroom floor (gross I know sorry), and into bed. I slept it off and fine for the drive home! :)

Overall we had a GREAT time and regret that we have not done more vacations just us 3. We love having our family or friends with us but it was really nice just to go at our own schedule and spend as much time together as possible.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers